Thursday, May 30, 2013

My theme - Slavery

Hopefully this will be my theme...I'll let you know if it changes...again!  I am going to read around slavery.  I will primarily focus on slavery that took place in the United States pre-civil war but I am not going to limit myself to just that.  I may look at other books that address slavery in other ways (currently I am thinking of Cinderella-like tales) and the desire to escape slavery.

Through this exploration, I am going to explore tales about slavery, famous people from slavery, and ways that people dreamed of or escaped slavery and hopefully so much more.  I am looking forward to learning more, experiencing more and broadening my knowledge of an era that is often talked about, often written about and often questioned!

No comments:

Post a Comment